Terms and Conditions
Our custom tour services are tailored to your interests and personal schedule and are not part of a pre-packaged tour. These are fee-based services, which include individualized tour planning, communication and service charges and incur cancellation penalties.
We feel that the package price we quote to you represents the full value that you will receive from this unique and enjoyable way to experience the destination. We have found that travelers who are looking for a budget trip are usually better served by arranging their trip themselves.
This is the way we work:
- While we specialize in complete trip planning and management, occasionally we accept shorter segments (1 tour, 1 transfer, etc). In this case, however we charge booking fee $100.
- Requests for services commencing within 15 days before arrival, are subject to $100 booking fee
- All payments must be applied 30 days prior to the trip date or expedited $100 fee applies.
- Airline tickets fee is $75 per ticket.
- Train Tickets $75 per reservation.
- Land Arrangements: Initial consultation and introductory package are free of charge. We will give initial approximate cost and suggested itineraries. Your exact costing can only be determined after booking your custom itinerary and may differ based on individual requirements.
- If you like what you see in our proposal, and wish to proceed with planning an itinerary, we require an upfront $250 per person non-refundable deposit (applicable to total tour cost). For groups non-refundable deposit varies depending on size of the group. However, some of our suppliers require larger deposit. We will advise in each case.
- Upon receiving fee, we will draw up a suggested outline itinerary for you to review, and we will work on your trip until you are satisfied.
- Upon acceptance of the itinerary and initial cost, we will begin the booking process and once the hotels and services are confirmed, we will finalize the cost and provide a formal proposal with payment schedule. If booking made is within 60 days, full prepayment is expected upon confirmation.
- Final payment is due 60 days prior to departure and must be received before a detailed itinerary and final tour documents can be sent out. Without full payment tour arrangements will be canceled and applicable cancellation costs will be charged.
- Additional planning and consulting service fees may apply when so contracted (special arrangements, theater reservations, archives search, etc.) Such fees may be a separate charge or be applied toward the total purchase price of your trip. No charges will be made without your consent to obtain such services. Contact us for details and rates in utilizing our professional planning and consulting services.
- Our prices are competitive and we provide total trip management. However if you wish to use our expertise and ask for research only, we would be happy to provide it at rate $75 per hour, min 4 hours, $300. If you book with us, this research fee is credited toward your trip cost.
- We provide proposal for the tailor-made itinerary, with a total cost. Our negotiated rates are confidential and by contractual agreement with our local suppliers we do not provide breakdown per item, but we will would be happy to recalculate our package with less services, or different hotels, to accommodate your budget. Thank you for understanding.
- We will not be held responsible for any differences between rates paid prior to departure and locally posted rates, and absolutely no refunds will be made for these possible fluctuations.
Once we have accepted your booking and payment, it implies contractual agreement of these terms and conditions.
Changes/Surcharges after booking is made and paid
- There is no charge for the first change
- Subsequent changes $100 per change
- No changes within 15 days before departure
Trip Cancellation and Refund Policy
We strongly advise all travelers to purchase Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance at initial stage. Our deposits are non-refundable and cancellation fees reflect the costs involved in putting together a custom tour. If you decide you do not wish to take the trip, and it is because of a covered reason, your insurance company should cover the cost.
All cancellations must be received in writing
- After booking deposit $250 per person
- 60-30 days before departure, 50% of total
- 30-0 days – no refund
Some Promotional bookings are non-refundable, and some of our suppliers have more strict cancellation penalties, we will advise in each proposal.
If you booked air tickets with us:
- Air cancellation fees will be in accordance with airlines rules and regulation
- Many airlines have implemented charges for checked baggage. These fees are payable directly to the airline upon check-in. Please contact your airline for specific details.
- Airline Prices are subject to increase prior to the time you make full payment for your air-inclusive tour. Prices are not subject to increase after you make full payment, except for charges resulting from increased government imposed taxes or fees.
Currency Exchange Rates
The prices quoted are based on U.S. dollar valuation and foreign exchange values and tariffs at the time of booking. In case of appreciable variations in such values, we retain the right to make such adjustments in prices as are necessary.
Proof of Citizenship and other documentation
All travelers must have a valid passport. To obtain a passport, please see. http://travel.state.gov/passport/get_first_apply.h...
Passports valid for at least 6 months beyond completion of your visit will be accepted. We also suggest bringing additional identification such as driver’s license or other type of government-issued photo ID. We urge non-US citizens to contact the appropriate embassy or consulate of the destination you are visiting to determine what travel documents are required.
IT IS CRITICAL THAT WE LIST YOUR NAME EXACTLY AS IT APPEARS ON YOUR PASSPORT.
For air reservations we need dates of birth and gender.
It is the client's responsibility to obtain proper documentation for boarding, and we will not be liable for client being denied or delayed in boarding due to incorrect or missing documents.
Disclaimer and responsibility clause.
EMCO TRAVEL, LLC and any of its affiliated divisions (E&M Travel, Sophia's Travel, Jewish Travel Agency), collectively the “Company”, is acting as a mere agent for SUPPLIERS (identified on the accompanying documents) in selling travel-related accepting services, or in accepting reservations or bookings for services that are not directly supplied by this Company (such as air and ground transportation, hotel accommodations, meals, tours, cruises, etc.). The Company, therefore, shall not be responsible for breach of contract, failure to comply with any laws such as the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), or any intentional or negligent actions or omissions on the part of such suppliers, which result in any loss, damage, delay, inconvenience or injury to travelers or travelers' companions or group members.
Further, the Company assumes no liability for any injury, damage, loss, accident, delay or irregularity which is caused by any terrorist activities, social or labor unrest, mechanical or structural integrity of air, sea and ground transportation and accommodations, diseases, local laws, climatic conditions, Acts of God, delays, abnormal conditions or unforeseen developments. The Company assumes no responsibility or ascertaining and/or evaluating local conditions along the itinerary, changes or cancellation of travel due to weather conditions, hotel services, accidents or health related problems before or while in-transit to ( e.g., an accident on the way to a tour), during, and after a tour outside of Company's control.
The Company has no special knowledge regarding the financial condition of the Suppliers, unsafe conditions, health hazards, weather hazards, or climate extremes at locations to which you may travel.
You assume full and
complete responsibility for checking and verifying any and all passport, visa,
vaccination, or other entry requirements of your destination(s), and all
conditions regarding health, safety, security, political stability, and labor
or civil unrest at such destination(s). You hereby release The
Company from all claims arising out of any problem covered in this paragraph.
You agree that the courts in Pinellas County, FL will be the exclusive jurisdiction
for all claims brought by you or The Company, and you hereby submit to the
personal jurisdiction of those courts.
For information concerning possible dangers at destinations,
The Company recommends contacting the
Travel Warnings Section of the U.S. State Department at (202) 647-5225 or www.travel.state.gov and
http://www.voyage.gc.ca/ - Consular Affairs - Information and assistance for Canadians abroad.
There will be no refunds for cancellations made 60 days or less before departure, including cancellations due to actual or threatened terrorist events. There will be no refunds due to fear of travel from actual or threatened terrorists events.
It is the traveler's responsibility to protect their purchases and Traveler is advised to obtain appropriate insurance coverage against these risks; information is available through this Travel Agency regarding travel insurance. Traveler's retention of tickets, reservations, or bookings after issuance shall constitute a consent to the above and an agreement on his/her part to convey the contents hereto to his/her travel companions or group members.
By embarking upon his/her travel, the traveler voluntarily assumes all risks involved in such travel, whether expected or unexpected. Traveler is hereby warned of the above risks as well as possible travel industry bankruptcies and medical and climatic disruptions, and the possibility traveler may be unable to travel as scheduled because of personal emergency.
The Company reserves the right to withdraw the tour or any part of it, to make alterations in the itineraries it deems necessary or desirable, to refuse to accept or retain, as a member of the party, any person at any time and to pass on to tour members any expenditures occasioned by events beyond its control.
All travel arrangements are a choice made by the client. If the client is dissatisfied with any part of the package, the ultimate supplier (hotel, tour company, etc.) is solely in the position, and the only one with any authority, to make any adjustments.