Triggered by the celebrations to mark the 450th anniversary of the birth of William Shakespeare, we’ve hooked up with a Shakespearian actor who has come up with a really original London and Stratford theatre tour.
His acting experience, knowledge of the Bard and great sense of humor will appeal to the Friends and Patrons theatres near you that stage Shakespearian productions. You can also offer it to the organizers of a Shakespeare Festival as a unique fund raiser.
• An exploration of Bankside, Shakespeare’s theatrical playground and the red light district of his time.
• The recently opened Sam Wanamaker Theatre and a performance at the Globe Theatre.
• A Tudor/Elizabethan tour of Oxford and a visit to the Painted Room.
• A close encounter with a real Druid at the Rollright Stones.
• Broughton Castle, location for the filming of ‘Shakespeare in Love’
• Backstage at the Royal Shakespeare Theatre and a riveting evening performance.
• Q and A session with a member of the Acting Company.
London 2 nights : Oxford 1 night : Stratford upon Avon 2 nights : London 1 night